Our Community Service Program serves both as an alternative to incarceration and to promote social responsibility by allowing offenders to repay the community through services from the approved government, business or non-profit organizations.
Also, our court referred clients work at one of the many sites in Schenectady County that participate in the community service program.
The Community Service Program serves as an alternative to incarceration. We work with several government and non-profit organizations in the community who are able to provide appropriate community service projects for our clients.
Please register below
What is required of the client?
- Clients who are over the age of 18 must pay a $25 intake fee. This can be done online via debit or credit card or money order (see below).
- Clients must contact the designated worksite to set up a schedule to complete their community service hours.
- It is the client’s responsibility to obtain transportation to and from the worksite.
- The use of drugs and/or alcohol or arriving at a worksite under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will result in immediate termination from the Community Service Program.
- To register for CCJ’s community Service program please complete the registration form. You will need to list the name of the court, the name of the judge that presides over your case, the name of the crime you are charged with and the number of community service hours to be completed. You must provide a valid email or phone number to register on-line.
After receiving registration and payment (if 18 or older), the program coordinator will contact you with information regarding the job site.