We are dedicated to helping people. Add you passion and skills to our team!
POSITION AVAILABLE! The Center for Community Justice new Legal Hand program needs a Manager
Excellent benefits and starting salary mid to high 40s
The Center for Community Justice Seeks Manager for
Legal Hand Call-In Center serving Albany and Schenectady Counties
Partnering with Legal hand, Inc, CCJ will launch the Legal Hand Virtual Call-In Center serving Albany and Schenectady Counties in January 2022. A successful Call-In Center Manager will manage the trained community volunteers who staff the center from their homes. The volunteers are not lawyers. They provide free legal information, assistance, and referrals to help people resolve issues that affect their lives, in areas like employment, housing, family, immigration, domestic violence, and benefits, and prevent problems from turning into legal cases. All are welcomed and treated with respect. There are no eligibility requirements and all are assisted regardless of income, immigration status, and residence. No appointments are necessary. In addition to weekday hours, Legal Hand Centers are open on one evening and one weekend morning.
CCJ seeks a Legal Hand Call-In Center Manager. Reporting to CCJs Executive Director, the Center Manager is responsible for the administration of the Legal Hand Call-In Center, including recruitment, training and management of the Legal Hand Call-In Center Volunteers, as well as outreach to the Schenectady and Albany communities, maintenance of the Call-In Center technology, Call-In Center record keeping, and reports.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
● Recruit Volunteers to participate in the Legal Hand program every six months;
● Organize Volunteer calendar and staffing;
● Supervise Volunteers as they provide guidance, offer information, and assist Visitors, including some evening and weekend hours;
● Screen cases that should be referred to the Center Attorney for legal representation by legal services organizations or bar associations, and establish policies and procedures for legal referrals;
● Conduct outreach on an ongoing basis for new Volunteers and Visitors;
● Create relationships and partnerships with local community-based organizations, local officials, and legal services organizations;
● Organize virtual professional development training for Volunteers and virtual Know Your Rights workshops for the community;
● Maintain policy and procedure for data collection, recording, and reporting using Legal Hand Inc.’s record-keeping systems, the Zendesk and Zingtree platforms.
● The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a related area.
● The candidate must be a skilled communicator, with excellent writing skills, able to work in multi-disciplinary settings, and able to maintain strong relationships with multiple agencies and organizations in the community.
● Familiar with Google Workspace Applications
Ability to converse in Spanish is a plus
Position Type: Full-time, 35 hours per week, a few evening or weekend hours required.
Legal Hand is open Monday through Friday 9-5, with one evening and Saturday morning hours.
Compensation: Competitive salary starting mid to high 40s - commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
Location: The Legal Hand Call In Center Manager will work a combination of remote and in-person at the CCJ office in Schenectady, NY
To apply send resume and cover letter to
RESUMES ACCEPTED UNTIL November 29, 2021
CCJ is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete an employment eligibility verification document form. Legal hand, Inc is a separate 501(c)(3) nonprofit.